Saturday 20 October 2012

Autumn colours

The fishing was not very good today, just two small jacks on float fished sprats.
There had been a lot of rain in the night, and the lakes were well up, and the water was coloured, and cold.
Hopefully it will be better tomorrow, if I can get out. 


Still it was a pleasant day to be out in , and at this time of year, nature gives us a fantastic display of colours.
The leaves on the trees and bushes, look glorious, as they syphon all of their leaves energy back to their root systems, so that they can survive another winter. 

Toadstools, and wild mushrooms were abundant too.

I love the smell in the air at this time of year, the musty smells in the woods, the damp earth . 

Also there are different sounds to be heard, as the leaves fall they allow more noise through, 
unfortunately all I could hear today was the M25.

As I moved from swim to swim I took a few snaps , when I find my "I spy funghi " book I will add some names to these pictures


Russula rosea - poisonous !








I don't know about you, but I could see a face in this tree ,
(you gotta watch out for those mushrooms,) 
When I showed this to my wife, she said that she could see John Travolta, in his white suit ,
carrying a black suitcase, and she did not even see or smell any of those shrooms .hahahaha 










  

 a nice bit of carpeting














common puffball






  A beautiful maple 

Squirrels are very busy caching away their vittles,in readiness for the winter 








No comments:

Post a Comment