Sunday 4 December 2011

Travelling light !

Above is a picture of all the tackle that I take with me
when fishing the small streams. 
One rod, my new Mitchell Mag Pro 4-18grm rod,
with a small Okuma Safina Pro 20,
one box of soft plastic lures , a few made up wire traces,
jig heads,forceps,pliers,wirecutters and superglue.


and some of the fish that I caught today,not very big, but beautifully formed.

 This how I like to fish on the small venues that I know,
 with just a few bits in my pocket,
 I can walk and get access to a lot more places, 
than if I was lugging my seat box,rod holdall, and net bags,
plus all the other bits that we think we need.
I find it very liberating to be able to rove around unhindered by all the gear,
that anglers(me included) carry around with us,
O K, so some of the fish are not that big,
but on the light gear they all give a good scrap,
and most importantly, I enjoy my fishing again.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulation for the catches, very nice coloured perch.
    What soft plastic lure is in second photo, with yellow and red?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of these little chaps

    http://www.agmdiscountfishing.co.uk/bass-assassin-curly-shad-candy-corn-10pcs-p-3187.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking about joining Tonbridge, but family commitments (2 nippers) have limited my fishing :-(.
    Anyway, excellent blog & it is good to see someone else sharing a love of U/L fishing, maybe meet up on the bank sometime?

    ReplyDelete